Written by: admin on September 10, 2010 @ 8:40 am
Whether it’s your first or third little blessing, there are things you can do to help the new parents make the adjustment. Your own personal experiences with anything from walking with a fussy baby to knowing just the right trick to getting out a nasty formula stain can help relieve what can be a stressful, tiring time. And your patience and understanding will not only help create a new kind of bond with your own adult children, but will begin a lifetime of caring and sharing with that new little someone.
Working with the style and preferences of the new babies parents, select a few ideas to help and support the parents of the new baby.
1. Take lots of pictures and deliver prints in an album.
2. Bring over pre-made meals to leave in the refrigerator.
3. Take the older siblings out on a play date.
4. Ask to help with dishes or laundry.
5. Be a good listener, or shoulder to cry on.
6. Help the new mom find that elusive nap!
Birth and Adoption, Ideas and Inspiration